Saturday 10 August 2013

pennsylvania trolley museum

Thursday 8th August 2013
Today we went to visit the trolley museum which was just out of Pittsburgh.  The museum was very cool and it combined a 4 mile track that they took you for a ride in a trolley along.  They had a shed which was full of restored and unrestored trolleys as well and that was interesting.  They also have the fully restored 'street car named desire' trolley form the movie.  After the museum we continued on to Columbus Ohio as we make our way to Indianapolis.  The hotel in Columbus is meant to be really nice.
 
 
the trolley we rode on
 
along the route
 
about 30 trolleys in this shed
 
regularly used trolleys
 
 
me being silly
 
desire
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard and Bronte,
I wrote once before but don't know whether you got it as I am not sure how to do a post. Some beautiful photos and lots of good memories. Seems as though you have been having good weather. Bit cold here at the moment. When I saw what you had written I thought that you were talking about shopping trolleys until I looked at the photos. I assume that these are what we refer to as trams.
Keep on enjoying yourselves.
Lots of Love
Mum xxx

Total Pageviews